Recent Posts


Monday, June 15, 2009

Feeling Californication...


The State of California is trying to kill me. At least that's what it felt like this morning as my alarm went off and COUNTRY music -what's up with that, I had it on B93!!! - started wailing at me at the ungodly hour of 8:00 a.m. (Now, those of you with DAY jobs may groan, but just think of going to bed at 11:00 and then getting up at 2:00 a.m. and you'll see the picture.)

Last week our truck failed a smog check, so we had an appointment this morning to take it down to have some work done so we would no longer be in violation of California State Smog Rules and Regulations and The State would allow us to register our car for the mere cost of More Than Its Worth, I mean $340.00.

God forbid that our truck should be emitting any noxious fumes, I mused as I drove by the Local Smoke Factory (I mean the Foster Farms plant) on my way to Speedy Lube & Oil Change.

What really gets me is that our truck tests fine, I mean, it's not polluting or anything. Catalytic Converter - PASS; Thermostatic Air Cleaner - AOK; Fuel Cap Functional - CHECK, Fill Pipe Restrictor - PASS. Everything seems fine. Idle Emission Test Result numbers are within the low to normal range. But apparently that is not the important part. The Important Part is that our "Check Engine" light is on.

Whatever.

I care more about what that foamy stuff is floating on top of my cup of tea than I do about those stupid test result numbers.

So anyway, we dropped the truck off and then walked home. One and 64/100ths of a mile, according to MapQuest. I was tired. And hungry. And then my husband told me I looked sexy. So I punched him.

The Governator can add my name to his list of IOUs...


No comments:

Post a Comment